1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOS! Eden Metro problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by greggster59, Jun 5, 2011.

1. greggster59

greggster59

Oct 31, 2006
    New Jersey
    I just bought a 2008 Eden Metro. The store owner said it gigged twice and the original owner wanted something less heavy so I got a decent deal on it.

It played fine through both channels yesterday. This morning I had my Fender J plugged into channel 2, the tube pre amp side, and as I was adjusting the gain with the main volume all the way down I saw the compression light come on. So I backed off the gain to 1 o'clock, raised the master volume and I got nothing but hum and a barley noticeable sound from the bass. Channel 1 sounds fine through both inputs.
    I pulled the head halfway out and can see that the tube is still glowing so I don't think I fried it.

Can anyone give me a clue on what's going on here? It was fine yesterday.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Either take it back, or take it to an amp tech.

3. greggster59

greggster59

Oct 31, 2006
    New Jersey
    Looks like those are my only options. I tried the Eden's tube in my SVT-7PRO head and it sounds ok. So, I doubt the problem is the tube. Too bad, it would've been an easy remedy if that's all it was.

Thanks

4. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    metros sound great when they work , but have a shaky reliability factor. maybe a tech can straighten some of that out if they're good.

good luck

5. greggster59

greggster59

Oct 31, 2006
    New Jersey
    I talked to a local amp repair guy, a friend of our band, and he thinks he knows what the problem is which he said should be an inexpensive repair. The head is now in his shop. I should get it back within two weeks (Dave's a busy guy). Fingers are crossed

6. greggster59

greggster59

Oct 31, 2006
    New Jersey
    Update:
    Finally got the Metro back yesterday. The main problem was the channel 2 pot was bad but there was also a warp in the main board due to a sloppily installed part under the board. When the tech removed the pot a piece of it fell right off.

It took several weeks because Eden was very slow in answering calls from both the tech and myself. When I finally got someone on the phone they were very helpful but then sent the wrong part to the tech. I finally instructed the tech to install a pot of his own choosing. I lost the push/pull 12B cut switch but I never use it anyway.

For the record, the amp sounds awesome now. I just hope it holds up.

7. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    That was always the thing with Eden. Not the greatest customer service. I've played through some Eden gear that I've REALLY liked (WT-800, Navigator) but I could never bring myself to buy either based on the stories I've heard.

8. sayman

sayman

Dec 14, 2009
    I have an Eden Metro myself. My problem was blown speakers - it came with 4 ohm speakers and although I never cranked the amp, blew them both within a year or two.

Took the amp to a reputable local repair shop - they put 8 ohm in. Still more than enough power, and hopefully the speakers last.