Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOS I need an amplifier !!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassguitaraddic, Mar 2, 2002.

1. I would like to know what all of you think of the Eden CXC400 ( 4x10's and a horn ), because it's a lot of money and I'd like to be certain of my choice. Of course the sonority has blown me off, but even after 13 years of experience as a bass player, I still don't know what amp would be good for me, I was used to my TKO115 and was happy with it ; now it is good for retirement. I really need your advice, what do you use yourself ? Thanks.

2. I'll do the usual and say.. wait for it.. :D

Try out a few amps, and bring your bass to the shop. Mess around all those prudy knobs and try and pick up a tone.

This should be in Amps!

(Always wanted to say that :D)

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Well, if you want info on Amps, you should have posted in that forum, not in the Basses Forum.;)

Moved.

4. pill50

pill50

Feb 20, 2002
    nova
    okay i use a dean markeley! and its awesome. but peaveys and ampegs are good too...so go with any of those

:confused: funeral fairy :eek:

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You might want to try that CXC-400 in the 1510 config. Or go all the way, and get a Metro.

6. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    how much spending money do you have?

7. pill50

pill50

Feb 20, 2002
    nova
    i got like around 300