Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Soul Circus

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Sippy, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    On Victor Wooten's Soul Circus album... I LOVE track 3 "Bass Tribute" During the part that they say "If Jaco was here today This is what he'd say" or something like that they do a quick Jaco impersonation on the bass... How did they get that tone?? That was a crazy sound! hehehe I doubt keyboard since it's Wooten's album!

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    There are a lot of players who can cop jaco's tone pretty well. Arguably, no one does it perfectly, but I have heard some cats do it damn well. It's a combination of knowing what you're doing and knowing what you're doing :p

Soul Circus is a great album btw. Dig "on and on" I think that's vic's best song yet.

3. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    oh yea this is a great album! I've heard a lot of guys copy Jaco's sound too, but never so.. different. I do it sometimes when I break out my fretless and adjust my rig during live gigs, I like to jam out to some jaco grooves with the rest of the band is taking a break. It just gives me something to do since I'm not much of a mingler! hehe, I just can't see how he did it.
    And yea I love this album it's really funky but I REALLY dig Bass tribute because of all the different bass sounds that are used in it, particularly the Jaco sound :)