1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Soul Circus

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Sippy, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    On Victor Wooten's Soul Circus album... I LOVE track 3 "Bass Tribute" During the part that they say "If Jaco was here today This is what he'd say" or something like that they do a quick Jaco impersonation on the bass... How did they get that tone?? That was a crazy sound! hehehe I doubt keyboard since it's Wooten's album!

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    There are a lot of players who can cop jaco's tone pretty well. Arguably, no one does it perfectly, but I have heard some cats do it damn well. It's a combination of knowing what you're doing and knowing what you're doing :p

Soul Circus is a great album btw. Dig "on and on" I think that's vic's best song yet.

3. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    oh yea this is a great album! I've heard a lot of guys copy Jaco's sound too, but never so.. different. I do it sometimes when I break out my fretless and adjust my rig during live gigs, I like to jam out to some jaco grooves with the rest of the band is taking a break. It just gives me something to do since I'm not much of a mingler! hehe, I just can't see how he did it.
    And yea I love this album it's really funky but I REALLY dig Bass tribute because of all the different bass sounds that are used in it, particularly the Jaco sound :)