Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Soul Food

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Gress, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Whats your fravorite Soul Food?

Soul Food is any food that really is not good for you, it just tastes good and always hits the spot.

Mine is Oatmeal Cookie Dough.

2. Chris M

Chris M

Oct 23, 2005
    Littleton, CO
    I thought the term pertained to food made by blacks in the south (i.e. fried catfish, collered (sp?) greens, cornbread)..

I actually asked a woman I worked with who was black if she knew what soul food was and she invited me to her grandmas for Sunday dinner.. I could have died that day because I was so fulfilled after that meal. It was the best food I ever had!

Oh well, by your definition: Pizza. I love it, but it's just not good for me. There's nothing more satisfying than sitting down to a nice New York style thin crust..

3. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO

It probably is, but I think of it as any food that is comforting, hits the spot, makes your day, or any other title.

4. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    Hence the term "comfort food". :p

Mine's either potato salad or an ice chest full of boiled spicy crawfish...mmmmm

5. Mmmmm crawfish.....

There's this pizza place in the next town over from me that makes a Greek pizza that has feta cheese, gyro,fresh spinnach, calamata(sp?) olives, and cherry tomatoes, and most importantly, no sauce. That's what would have to be my comfort food.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I don't turn to food for comfort. :p

Something not good for me that always hits the spot while tasting really good would be the clucks and fries at Red Robin.

-Mike

7. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    this thread reminded me of that Mike Gordon song 'Soul Food Man' that's about Col. Bruce Hampton - very funky.

8. Gyros in Greece = heaven on Earth

9. A big Donair

10. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Turkey and mashed potatoes. Both of them smothered in home-made gravy.

11. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Chinese Pizza..yummy

12. That's, like, an oxymoron.

hehe

13. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    fried calamari... yeah, i'm fancy and picky.