Soul To Sqeeze

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ChaosGwar, Feb 20, 2002.

1. I did a quick search and couldn't find what I was looking for. So, what setup does flea use on this song?

Also, is the tab here relatively close? I can't find the bass sheet music for RHCP at any local stores and don't feel like ordering a book for it from Amazon.

2. In the video he is playing an acoustic 4string, maybe fretless.. dont remember..
  3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
  4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    this site's tAbZ section mirrors, so going to that site would just be like going to this site...but with much less to offer.

in fact, it's because of this tAb selection that many, many members join (and why only a certain fraction of the over 20000 registered regularly post)!

by the way, that bass line is arguably flea's best. i learned it from a friend (who learned it from tAbZ...). very nice stuff.
  5. That was such a good video. The band was in like a traveling circus, and flea plays a 4 string acoustic bass. Near the middle of the video when the faster part comes up with the guitar solo, you can see that flea breaks a string.

I don't know why i remember that??!?!:D :D :p
  6. I agree that this is one of the best RHCP songs. I heard it on the radio the other day and couldn't get the bass line out of my head. I looked for the notation, to no avail. I found the tab here.

If it's close, cool.
  7. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    That's my favorite RHCP song. To bad you can't get it anywhere except the Coneheads soundtrack. (Is there anyplace else?) Of course, unless, you download it.
  8. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Hey ChaosGwar,my bass teacher taught me this song,and it sounds perfect to me.I'll tab it out or you if you want me to.Just tell me and I'll PM it to you.

Well,I KNOW the intro and the verse are perfect.The chorus feels like theres something missing so I'll ask him or try to fix it.
  9. stingray96191

Jul 27, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Unofficially Endorsing Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars
    Soul to squeeze is a wonderful song, and in the video he is playing an acoustic 4 string, but for recordidng i think flea used his Ernie Ball Stingray 5 string. My band covers this s ong regularly, and i checked the tab on this sight, its mostly right. It doesn't have all of the littlw fills but thats a plus for most of us. If you have a stingray 5 and a re looking for that tone, i cut the trebel by about 2, boost the mids by about 2 and boost the bass about 3. That should get you there if your amp is set in the smiley face set up. I hope you enjoy playingt his song as much as i do