Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Soul to Squeeze

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by zweebee, Oct 11, 2000.

1. zweebee

zweebee

Sep 15, 2000
    Heya

Could somebody give me the tab from "Soul to Squeeze" from RHCP
    All tabs i find are messed up and you cant see what ya have to play...!

Thx

2. Wow. Too bad music doesn't allow you to HEAR what you have to play. Oh well. ;)

3. zweebee

zweebee

Sep 15, 2000
    WOW, too bad I only play for a year and Flea's one of teh best bass players in the world

4. akajuve400g

akajuve400g

May 22, 2000
    Louisiana
    I have only been playing for a year now and I can rab out any rhcp song from 91 to present. You just have to quit tabs cold turkey and listen to the music more carefully over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again....until it clicks into your head and you finally get how the song is played.

5. reveille_509

reveille_509

Aug 17, 2000
    I do think that tabs help starting bass players but I also believe you must stop relying on them sometime. basstabarchive.com has an acurate version of soul to squeeze. basstabz.com has tabs for every rhcp song ever.

6. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Tabs are what got me started when I first bought a bass. They let you play along with the songs note for note so you can get your first feel about how a bassline fits into a song. But really, in some music, the bassline is either so complex, or usually in today's music, buried in the mix, so tabs are still useful to more experienced players. Soul to squeeze may be one of em.

7. zweebee

zweebee

Sep 15, 2000
    I agree

8. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Flea isnt one of the "best bass players in the world." Hes good, but not in the top 10. Nowhere NEAR. And im just talking about the more "popular" bassists.

9. zweebee

zweebee

Sep 15, 2000
    Could you give me your top-ten please?

10. i figured out that song. I have a very nice gift. as long as i hear a song, i can play along to it almost immediately. I can figure out [almost] any song very quickly. I used to play piano before bass, that helped tremendously with my ear.

11. zweebee

zweebee

Sep 15, 2000
    Ya lucky boy