1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

sound break up

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mullet0909, Aug 14, 2007.

1. mullet0909

mullet0909

Oct 24, 2006
    Louisiana
    my main bass is a schecter custom 5 that i got used off of ebay however, i have been having some problems with it. when i first got it 2 of the wires attaching to the output jack on the bass came unsoldered. no problem. i just soldered them back on. that was a several months ago, but now i have a new problem. if i play hard or play a lot of notes at once or anything to cause strain (which shouldnt actually cause strain) the sound output gets scratchy, fades in and out and some times temporarily goes dead. but always comes back. ive experimented with different cables and basses but the problem only prevents itself with this bass. i have ruled out everything else and i know that it is the bass. my question is how can i fix this problem? if it is a connection problem then why does it play fine until it is stressed? should i consider getting new electronics? btw the pickups are passive but there is an on board eq which is active. (if that means anything to you)

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Sounds like a bad connection - possibly jack.

See FAQ Dimento's Trouble Shooting Guide

Bump

3. mullet0909

mullet0909

Oct 24, 2006
    Louisiana
    the input wires to the input jack were only hangin on by a few threads of wire. idk how i didnt see that before. but i resoldered them and everything seems to be working fine!