Sound Card questions: MidiMan Delta 1010

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Lipis Roman, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Lipis Roman

Lipis Roman

Mar 5, 2002
    I'm very new to computer recording and I have a question or two that I was hoping I could get some help with.

I just picked up Nuendo 1.5.1 and now I need to get myself a good soundcard. I've only done a small ammount of research so far but I think I have a decent handle on what some of the better brands there are to choose from. I'm thinking about the MidiMan Delta 1010.

My questions are:

Am I gonna run into any compatibility problems with the Delta and Windows 98? I have no idea how that sort of stuff works, I'd hate to buy and find out Windows doesn't recognize the card for some reason. Also, is Nuendo gonna work with it?

At the moment I really only plan to be recording bass, guitar and vocals through the sound card, seperately. Should I decide in the future that I want to mic a drum kit or something the Delta 1010 would allow 10 simultaneous inputs at once, right?

Aside from that, any major advantages or disadvantages to using this card?

I guess that's all for now, if I think of anything else I'll post it.

2. I wish I knew more about the 1010, but I have, run, and use Nuendo and so far it's my favorite. I'm trying to learn Logic right now, but keep coming back to Nuendo, mostly for it's ease of use. I don't like Nuendo's mixer layout, but my Mixtreme makes up for that.

I don't see why Nuendo and Win98 wouldn't work with the 1010, but it depends on the system and it's pilot. No compatibility problems that I've heard.

Drums shouldn't be a problem, depending on your mixer and technique. You've got 8 ins/outs. Plus a digital s/pdif (L and Right) in and out. Total of 10 ins and outs, but unless you have a s/pdif to analoge converter, you're down to the 8 i/o options. So it depends on you're mixer/drumset/recording technique. What mixer are you using/looking at?

The only disadvantage I see depends on how you like to mix, via your board or strictly digitally. If you tell us what you're thinking we can probably help you figure out the best solution.
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    The Delta cards are quite good, some people around here use them.
    Midiman always has very good driver support, which is more important than you might think.
    It should work fine on 98, if you have 98SE you might want to try the WDM drivers for 2k/XP, some people reported performance increases on 98SE.

BTW, there's a free Nuendo update available, version 1.53.

Get it here: