Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sound clip of MTD Kingston Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vikunja, Nov 6, 2004.

1. vikunja

vikunja

Oct 29, 2004
    Norway
    Hi everyone

I am thinking of buying a Kingston Heir Fretless, but as I have no chance of trying out the bass, i was wandering if anyone has a sound clip of a Kingston Fretless? I have been searching through the forums, but all the soundclips I have found do not exist anymore .

Thanks

2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    there are several people here that own fretless kingstons, and i too would like to here a sound clip of one

3. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

TFunked - That's not the same bass at all.

4. vikunja

vikunja

Oct 29, 2004
    Norway
    Jared Morante is right, not the same bass, but thanks for the tip anyway!

I read most of the comments Kingston owners have put on this forum and they all seem to praise it a lot. But it seems harder to
    find a sound clip! :) I've tried google, but to no avail!

5. Daniel L.

Daniel L. Guest

Aug 30, 2002
    You just have to know where to look. ;)

Kingston Fretless

*Clip brought to you courtesy of Talkbass member BassDMB18*

6. vikunja

vikunja

Oct 29, 2004
    Norway
    Thanks Daniel! :hyper: Great punchy sound! Did you play near the bridge or near the neck?

7. groovit

groovit

Oct 12, 2004
    New Hampsha
    That's a good clip. I've got a Kingston fretless, and I love the sound of it. If I knew how to get some clips on here, I would, but I don't have any recording stuff. Suffice it so say, you wouldn't waste your money buying one. :bassist:

8. Daniel L.

Daniel L. Guest

Aug 30, 2002

That wasn't me. It was originally posted by Talkbass member BassDMB18. Hence, why I put the * underneath the clip. Sorry for any confusion.

9. vikunja

vikunja

Oct 29, 2004
    Norway
    Looks like I missed that! No worries. Thanks for finding the sound clip anyway.