1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sound Clip- Sadowsky Bass/Strings

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Joeykun, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER / KEELEY ELECTRONICS / TEMPLEBOARDS / KIRLIN CABLE
    Hey All,
    I did a little number the other day after I setup my Sadowsky bass with the new Blue Label stainless steel strings. It is called "BASSically Speaking" You can check it out HERE

If the above site is having issues you can check it out HERE too, along with some other songs!

I used my Sadowsky NYC Standard 5 with new Blue Label strings (see below) into a Radial Tonebone Bassbone straight into my Korg D1600 recorder. The drums were programed thru the Korg and the keys were my Roland XV5050.

Let me know what you think! Enjoy! :D

DSC00775.

2. c_joseph_lier

c_joseph_lier

Aug 7, 2007
    i dig it ... pretty flippin groovin IMO ... very catchy ...

3. Joeykun

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER / KEELEY ELECTRONICS / TEMPLEBOARDS / KIRLIN CABLE
    Thanks! :D
    I am a finger style player and really don't slap much but, I wanted to capture a couple of different styles so you can hear how these strings sound.

Any other comments out there?

4. p-nut95

p-nut95

May 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    thanks for the clips!!! Always wanted to hear/play a sadowsky.

5. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    You get some nice growl out of that bass. Punchy and growly, with just the right amount of fret noise to give it some character. I really dig it!

I have a feeling that the Sadowsky Blue Label strings are going to be my go-to string for my new Nordy. I'm usually a DR hi-beam or fat beam fan, but there is some good stuff being said about the Sadowsky Blue Labels.

6. twobit

twobit

Nov 3, 2005
    Allen, Texas
    Very nice!! Im lovin that tone!

7. Joeykun

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Thanks, Tony! I left everything flat so you can really hear the strings without eq. Rob (Dragonbass) gave me some great info on the Sadowsky Setup so my basses play like a charm!

8. Buzz

Buzz

Feb 3, 2004
    Metro Detroit
    Do you give lessons?
    :D

I really enjoyed that piece. The tone was wonderful!

Buzz

9. Joeykun

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Lessons????? :eek:

10. CLOWNDEACAN

CLOWNDEACAN

Jan 13, 2007
    how do you get that slight rattle?

lower it just enough so with stronger attack it speaks out? because theres less accented bits which also sound relatively clear.

11. Joeykun

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    The action is set low and I do have a heavy attack with my fingers so that is what you are probably hearing. The sound of the strings are very even throughout the neck. That is one thing I found these strings to have. It helps that the bass sounds great too! :D

12. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Great tone. Really.

13. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Yup, digging in with low to medium low action is what yeilds this type of tone, but it takes control to not go overboard and make too much fret noise. Joeykun's clip here shows this control perfectly. Not to mention all the gear he is using is top notch as well. ;)

14. jmaestro

jmaestro

Feb 13, 2008
    Florida
    "BASSically Speaking";)Very clever indeed. Great tone and great playing!

15. Nice! Sounds great. From what I hear on your track, those strings are a great improvement over the rather clanky (IMO) original black label SS's.... they have a bit of DR Hi Beam tone in them to my ear (bright and also sizzly up top, but with some growl and grit, and a nice open low end without being overly scooped in the mids, which can happen with the Sadowsky J with split coils if you aren't careful)

Very nice tone and playing IMO!

16. Joeykun

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Thanks, Ken! :D

+1 The Blue label strings are a great match with Ash/Maple basses! Or, really any combo of woods. But, sometimes Ash/Maple can be a bit harsh on the treble side and these strings seem to be more mid focused which works well with this combo!

17. I enjoyed that track a lot. Quite an impressive tone. Keep up the great work.

18. loved your sound!

19. Joeykun

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    The main site is having some issues so I posted the mysapce page as well in the original post. Check it out there!

20. Very cool!