Sound Clip Thread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Since I cant seem to find any half decent websites, lets try this. Try and post sound clips of all your basses, I know yall represent the array of types of basses and brands there are. I wanna make this so where people can go (for example), "Hey I wonder what a J Bass sounds like in contrast to a P Bass, Oh, silly me, I can just look at the Sound Clip thread, SWEET!"
  2. Thanks Treena, but i was thinkin it would be cool to make our own, like the name of your bass, any mods and the clip

3. Okay! I can post a complete song done with my Sadowsky Vintage 5 (jazz). I do not have any clips per say!

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  5. mrbungle

Nov 13, 2000
    tampere, finland
    For clips of my Warwick Thumb BO check:
  6. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA all songs except for "Where" and "Up Again" done with Essex SJB-62TM(stock), "Where" done with Squier P-Bass Special(Fender Original P-Bass pickup installed).
  7. oh, yes, i like that. Keep 'em comin
  8. dave251

dave251 Wendler Instruments

Feb 5, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
  9. I love that we can now post mp3 files (at least so an idiot like me can do it).

Roscoe SKB-3005 fretless. One cut is pickups centered and EQ flat. The other is bridge pickup favored and some boost in the booty.
  10. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

Warrior Soldier 5 String Bass 2001 NAMM 100th Anniversary Model (pretty much my main bass):

::::::OK, here are some mp3 links::::::

These 2 that are totally dry, plugged straight into my buddies PC:

This link was recorded by Nick Savage on his PC using Protools 001:

Here is a link of a 2000 MIM Fender jazz (full tune) I played on with Michael Levine, mastered by Russ Fowler (Producer/Engineer... has Mixed/mastered for: John Mayer, Jimmy Herring, Kansas, Rage Against the Machine, Shawn Mullins, Stone Temple Pilots!!):

(ps. the drummer in that track was Shawn Mullins' first touring drummer, Kevin Leahy,

More clips and live stuff can be found on my website or directly on this music page link:
  11. kmacleish

Nov 19, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    I don't wish to be a pain, and I very much enjoy listening to TBer's clips, but how much will this help in judging the sound of different basses?

There can be large sound quality variations due to level/tone/EQ settings, maker and type of strings, age of strings, player's technique, whether they have long or short fingernails, use a pick, use their thumb, whether it was recorded direct, through a mic, with or without any intervening devices . . . . too many things.
  12. sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    You are being a pain. :spit: Do not upset the delicate balance of this thread, I am enjoying it way too much. :D
  13. Here's a weird all-bass version of "We Three Kings" I recorded around Christmas. It was played on my G&L L-1500.

It under the Mp3 section of my web page.

Jamie's Recordings

The P-Bass tune was played on a Warmoth P-bass with a Seymour Duncan QP pickup. Jaguar is really cheesy and I played a Carvin LB75 on that one.
  14. Nice yall. I like the look of that warrior. Reminds me of the Stu Hamm Urge II. Keep em comin
  15. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
  16. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.