Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sound clips of a Clover Bass-tard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slowburnaz, Jun 6, 2002.

1. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    I had some people ask me what my Clover sounds like, more specifically what the Delano pickups sound like... so here it is:

ftp://user:user@68.0.148.83/clover.mp3

The recording quality isn't the greatest in the world, but that's what I get for plugging my bass straight into my soundcard :D . There's even a mistake or two in there :)eek: ), but it gives a good sample of what the Clover Bass-tard sounds like.
    It was recorded with the "Jazz" configuration selected. The pickups are like a Warwick Dolphin... J/JJ.

Tell me whatcha think!

2. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
  3. Wow, a little Stanley Clarke action! Very nice playing and tone. I certainly dig it! :D

4. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Well, nevermind the Angelfire page... my account was disabled for some unknown reason.

Anyways, here's another clip of some original stuff (although it sounds a bit Manring-ey).

ftp://user:user@68.0.148.83/tapping.mp3

5. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Sounds great! Very nice tone!

6. What Oysterman said. I dig it!

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    diggin the tone! Smooth tune, m'man!

8. Holy schnikes, slowburnaz! That bass sounds gorgeous! Do you have any pics of it? I'd love to see this thing... major G.A.S....

Thanks for sharing the sound clip.

Great playing too, btw :)

--jeff

9. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
  10. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    you got some good tones out of that bass man. I can certainly dig that.. How much did you get your bass for??

Its pretty too :)

11. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    That does sound great. Too bad for all the static in the recording :( But the crisp, clear tone of that bass cuts right through it.

12. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Idiezman, I got the bass for my Stingray 5 + $700. The Clover was on sale for $1495 at The Bass Place in Mesa, AZ. I had never seen one before or even heard of the name, but I did some research and decided to make the trade for my 'Ray.... couldn't be happier.