Sound clips of my new Warrior!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Click here for a sound clip of my new Warrior Signature 4. You can read more about it here. Let's not focus on the playing here, please! I know it isn't great. I did it quick with no edits. The tone is key here.

The sound isn't great (level-wise), and there was some clipping going on. I'm going to have to figure out why I am having software/recording issues.

The first two fingerstyle clips are with the bass set flat and pickup pan in the middle. The last clip is rolled back to the bridge pickup (about 80%) and a little boost to the mids.

I will do some more once I find out what the issue is with the levels.

FWIW I recorded this out of the DI on my Euphonic Audio iAmp350 with the EQ bypassed, then into an M-Audio Quattro USB, then into my iBook G4 with Garage Band.
  2. Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    WOW :eek:
    First of all, Thank you for those...I've been waiting for a while.
    Second of all, they sound great. You can sure play. I think I like the first best. I love the middie sound of it. Are those original compositions?
  3. The first clip I played is "Stomping Grounds" by Bela Fleck & The Flecktones. The second one is "Sex In A Pan", once again from Victor and the boys. The third thing is an original harmonic/groove thing I came up with a couple of years ago. It is a great tune to play just to test the harmonic capability of a bass.

Thanks for the kind words. This bass has such a great tone, that sound clip doesn't seem to do it justice. This bass is so much more rich sounding than anything else I have had. I know that is ambiguous, but the tone has so much depth to it.

I will post some more.
  4. Nice work! That Warrior is one fine sounding bass!
  5. radi8

Feb 10, 2004
    Very nice!!
  6. KayCee

Oct 4, 2004
    Shawnee, KS
    Nice playing AND tone!
  7. Excellent! :hyper:

8. BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Sounds exceptional... congrats sweet bass, great chop's as well.
  9. RoVaughn

Oct 8, 2005
    Guys like you piss me off!!! You say dont mind the bad playing then proceed to do crap I cant do!!! Send me that bass I'll show you some mediocre playing........

Really though it sounds great (the bass and the playing)
  10. If it shines through like that on your clip, it must be frighteningly good in person!

How is the workmanship on your Warrior? There have been some complaints about Warriors by other TB members.
  11. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Suhweet tone. What rig are you playing through?
  12. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Me like it.

You´re playing is really good too. I like the sound, well defined and with deep mid lows. Good job.
  13. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    you sound great man!

IMO it sounds better than the clips they have on their website - i'm also interested abotu your rig - or are you going direct?
  14. From the original post:

15. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Sorry, not up on computer recording. Sounds great.
  16. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Diggin it- I love warrior tone- nice mids. The clipping wasn't too bad, but noticed it kicking in a few spots. Computer recording can be tricky.
  17. The trick is to use a nice transparent compressor.

Good stuff though!
  18. That's hilarious. I appreciate all of the comments. I wasn't trying to be coy or fish for compliments by saying the playing wasn't great. I have been playing for 16 years, and haven't played regularly in a couple of years, so to me, my playing is not what it used to be.

Thanks though. :D
  19. Yeah, in person, everybody who has heard it just says "wow"!

The workmanship is top notch. I really had to talk myself into buying it just because of the reputation Warrior has gotten here on TB. I went over it with a fine toothed comb in the store before buying it. I have had it for three weeks now, and I have completely examined it. The quality is top notch. The only things I have noticed are:
    - there were some file marks between frets on the fretboard in the upper register
    - the birdseye board was unfinished, which I thought was unusual. Two coats of fingerboard oil have solved the problem
    - there wasn't any finish inside the hole for the string through for their "G-Force" feature. Upon talking to a luthier, he said that he wouldn't have finished in there either because it would wear down over time with changing the strings.
    - there is a slight indentation in the finish in one part where the swamp ash wing joins the mahogany part of the neck on the treble side.

Other than that, it is rock solid and perfect.
  20. Yeah, my Aphex Punch Factory took a crap on me and I didn't have any other compressor to run it through. I usually use one though.