1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sound Clips: Sadowsky RV4 and 80 Rick 4001

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JPMcGuire, May 18, 2011.

1. JPMcGuire

JPMcGuire Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    I just recorded some demo tracks with a new band I'm in and curious on tone feedback. The first four tracks were done with my Sadowsky RV4 Metro with ss strings. The last track "hashpipe" was recoded with my old rickenbacker 4001 with xl nickels and through an aggi agro pedal with low distortion settings.

Which do you guys prefer?

buzzbangpow's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

2. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    This makes me think... There are a *zillion* J bass type makes (Sadowsky, Lull, etc) and zero Rick makers - is it that Rick has a much better copyright?

3. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Good question. Rick has a better legal team?

4. Personally the way that's recorded, it's hard for me to hear the bass much at all.

5. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Sadowsky. By some distance. I'm no Sadowsky superfan, but I really do like that tone, especially in "Creep" and was impressed with the feel of the Metro I tried at Samanny Ash's.

6. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Yes, right now my sadowsky RV4 is my go to bass for gigs. Makes me really wonder what a NYC Sadowsky would be like in comparison?

My bands favorite is the old rick4001. Actually every cover band I have played in always seems to like the rick best even when compared to all the fancy basses I have had.

7. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Bump