Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sound clips

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jacob Bartfield, May 16, 2003.

1. Hey, does anybody know how I would go about putting a sound clip on Talkbass? (I assume that a lot of people do, because a lot of people have posted sound clips).

Let's say I have music on a tape. Is there an easy way for me to get the music from the tape on to my computor? Thanks.

2. Well what i would do,

I would download/install a program either Cakewalk, Wavelab,Cool Edit Pro etc

Then from the tape go Line out into Line in on your sound card. Record the track.

Then export the track out of that program and it'll create a .WAV file. Then i would use a program like CDex or Acoustica to convert the WAV into MP3.

Then upload to somewhere like a webfolder, or a webpage file manager. I am not sure of where, i use my ISP webspace. Then direct link to it in a post from TB. ;)

:D:D

Merls

3. Thanks. That sounds complicated. :eek:

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Or....if it is a REALLY small clip (under 324k) then you can just upload it directly.

but I'm sure this would strain the bandwidth if everyone did it all the time....so let's be responsible.