Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sound cut out thumbs?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by The Antipop, Feb 8, 2004.

1. confussed eh?

I recently bought a Warwick Thumb BO 4 and it was fine when I left the store... when I got home if the patch chord didnt sit right, the sound would cut out... I tried many chords and many other basses but it seems to be the Thumb.

Anyone else have this problem?

Im not downplaying these instruments, I am a big fan of the sound and playability of them, just wondering if anyone had these problems aswell

2. That's not an issue with all Thumbs, I'd probably just take it back to the store, generally it's a quick fix. That's happened in my P Bass on several occasions and I generally just had to resolder the wire to the jack, althought that may not be the case. Anyway, I'd just take it back to the store and have them fix it.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    The thumbs seem to have that kind of problem. Their flush mount jack seems to do that a lot. Check the solder joints, and if that doesn't fix it, then just replace the jack. Make sure it is a switched type that can turn off the active electronics. Good luck.

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Moved to Setup...