1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sound equipment - hearing the bass

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Oli2012, Nov 30, 2017.

1. I’ve recently picked up my bass after a 10 year hiatus.

My ear has largely gone, and I struggle to hear a bass line on standard iPhone and iPad speakers.

Can anyone recommend a good speaker I can hook up to hear the bass with more clarity? Something portable which won’t break the bank.

2. stigbeve

stigbeve

Sep 24, 2014
  3. craigie

craigie

Nov 11, 2015
    calgary
    iPad and phone speakers are garbage for bass.

Perhaps some good headphones? I read about some good sony’s On TB that have been the sTandard for studio monitoring for decades: MDR-7506 or MDR-V6.

I just had a hearing test and have some hearing loss in the bass regions from about 1500 Hz on down. Wouldn’t surprise me if you have the same. The other region is in the range of my wife’s voice
    It was a free test from beltone laboratories. If you fill out blahblahblah online they will schedule a free test.

4. Drang22

Drang22

Nov 16, 2017
    Denver, Colorado
    +1 on the Bose bluetooth speaker- I have one of the Soundlink color ones. About $129. A good pair of headphones would be better, if you have the capacity to put your bass in the mix, but probably more $.

5. Thanks mate, that’s just what I’m after. I’ll check them out.

I’d be open to a set of headphones.

I should have been stricter with earplugs back in the day.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017