Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sound Forge and Acid Pro

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Grygore, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Grygore

Grygore

Oct 25, 2002
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I have a question about Acid Pro 3.0 concerning tempo's.

I'm trying to find a way to find a way to change the tempo of individual tracks, but only seem to be able to change the tempo of the entire song.

What I'm doing is recording a song with multiple bass tracks (I'm using Sound Forge to do the actual recording). Some tracks will loop throughout the entire song and others won't.

The problem I'm running into is this: Say I use a drum loop that is recorded at 120bps and I want to leave it at that tempo. Then I import a .wav file of a bass part I recorded. Acid will set that file to the same tempo (in this case 120bps). Of course that makes it way to fast to go with the drums. Now, I can slow it down, but that also slows down the drum track as well....either way it throws the whole song off:(

Hehe and yeah, the bass parts do fit with the drums (I had the drum loop playing on my other computer while recording the bass):cool: just when I put them together in Acid they dont work anymore....

I'm pretty new to these programs but have checked the built in help files (they only explain how to change the overall tempo) and have looked at the MB's and FAQ's at Sonic Foundry website (no help there either).

So, if anyone knows how to do this, I sure could use some help, would be muchly appreciated as it's driving me crazy;) or perhaps just point me towards some online tutorials/resources, that would be fine too!