Sound Mama Bass Dealer - BEWARE

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dan Lenard, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Dan Lenard

Dan Lenard Inactive

Mar 8, 2002
  2. I don't get it---what's to BEWARE of? I can't read the Japanese text on the site except through Google Translate, so if there are any red flags there I'm not picking them up. It just looks to me like a place that imports and resells basses for the Japanese market.

-NT

3. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
  4. bunnykeeper

bunnykeeper

May 28, 2011
    Japan
    I just had a nasty shill bidding experience with that seller on Yahoo Japan auctions this week, FWIW. :scowl:

5. blowinblue

blowinblue Kind of not blue. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    If you owned a bass-specific website, had thousands of dollars invested in quality basses, and had earned a stellar reputation as an honest and trustworthy dealer, you might have more empathy for the OP. Just sayin'.

M. M. :)

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Except they haven't imported and bought the basses. They steal the photos off dealers' websites, then presumably hope to buy them if they get an order. They also represented that they are affiliated with other dealers in other countries (the ones from whom they steal the photos). It's pretty sleazy stuff.

They did the same thing with Bass San Diego, stealing photos of Fodera and other basses that were in the store in San Diego.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021