Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sound Maximizer for Bass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TJmccreedy2183, Mar 19, 2006.

1. TJmccreedy2183

TJmccreedy2183

Mar 2, 2006
    I was just wondering if any of you guys have tried running a sound maximizer on your bass rig. How does it sound? I'm thinking of getting a behringer ultrafex pro sound maximizer and i was just curious to see if anybody had any info on it. or if i should or shouldn't buy it. Let me know guys.:D :confused:

2. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I'd get a used BBE over a Behringer anyday, especially if your looking for a sonic maximizer. This is BBE's forte IMO.

Actually, if not used properly the Behringer could make your sound be worse than it is now.

3. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    Sorry to stear this thread into a different direction, but what exactly will a sound maximizer/sonic maximizer do? If anyone can give me an answer that is better than "it will maximize your sound" then I will be happy :smug:

4. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
  5. BBE Sonic Maximisers are great. I have 2. The 482 in my rack
    and the Sonic Stomp in my pedalboard. I will never do another gig without one because they fix your sound up by
    slowing the higher and mid frequencies down to the same speed as the lows which creates a more fuller and fatter
    sound, not just on stage but also more evenly spread
    throughout the entire room.

Pazman.