1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sound module for PK-5 pedals.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 73jbass, May 13, 2006.

1. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    My Alesis sound module died on me a while back,and I need to get a replacement.I used it mainly for all the Rush covers my old band used to do,so it needs those sounds on there.Especially the "Tom Sawyer filter sweep",or whatever that sound is called.If anybody knows what I need to get,please let me know asap.

2. What is your price range?

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I know the Alesis Ion synth has very good bass pedal sounds, I used mine mostly for that.

4. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    +1 on the Ion. It's a lot of synth for the money.

5. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    Waldorf Pulse!

6. ric stave

ric stave

May 6, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    I'd go with the Alesis Micron - same sound engine as the Ion, some more features such as step sequencer, just not as many knobs. Awesome Taurus and other sounds in the thing.

7. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    I tired a few things to get the "Tom Swoosher" sound. I have a tone bank (3 voices) on my Me-50b called 'Geddy' that alows me to switch betwwen
    'Tom Swoosher' (I can get a really long swoosh)
    'Tarus' (to get a Tarus bass sound )
    'Geddy' (the Geddy Lee 'Rickenbacker on steroids' sound)

I have MIDI foot pedals but in Tom Sawyer have them set to a string sound.

8. LoGruvz

LoGruvz

Apr 11, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    The two units I have used in the past with the PK-5 are an old E-Mu Vintage keys plus module and most recently a Roland JV1010 with the vintage synth card installed (cool half rack unit).

One of the Boss multi's had it too can't remember if it was the ME-50 or GT-6B or was it the Digitech BNX3?

I just bought a new Alesis Fusion keyboard for $995 and it ROCKS! You may want to go that route!