1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

sound of schecter stargazer?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cliff em all, Aug 8, 2012.

1. cliff em all

cliff em all

Jul 6, 2012
    hello my good people of talk bass!
    i am looking at getting a schecter stargazer 4 but i have no idea how it sounds can anyone who have played it before compare ti to another instruments sound?

2. E_strat

E_strat

Jan 11, 2012
    I remember playing one at GC a little over a year ago, when I was looking to buy my first bass. It was real nice, a little heavy, but out of my price range. As for the sound, I'm not sure if I can help too much on that one, since it's been so long. I do remember it being good quality and sounding a lot better than the one I was buying at the time (Dean Hillsboro).

Good luck!

Oh, and crimson ghost just looks great.:bassist:

3. aerobass13

aerobass13

Jan 10, 2012
    St. Louis, MO
    I've got a Stargazer 4 and really enjoy the sound. Stock, I found it to be a little sterile, but very versatile and fits well in the mix. The coil tap on the MM helps to give a jazz vibe or a more aggressive, mid-voiced vibe.

I ended up rewiring it to be passive and replaced the pickups with an SJB-3 at the neck and SMB-4D at the bridge. Sounds incredible now; very aggressive now.

4. cliff em all

cliff em all

Jul 6, 2012
    are the pickups just a jazz style pickup and a musicman pickup?

5. aerobass13

aerobass13

Jan 10, 2012
    St. Louis, MO
    Yeah, the neck is a single coil jazz and the bridge is a dual coil MM that can be split to a single coil.

6. hhirbe

hhirbe

Mar 30, 2012
    Athens, Ohio
    I've had my stargazer about 3 months now, and its become the bass I keep coming back to. Super playable, great range of tones, and I never stop getting compliments on the way it looks and sounds. I'd do it again in a heartbeat for the $500.

ForumRunnerImage.