Sound problem on my behringer amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by romac, Nov 25, 2004.

1. OK I was just wondering if I could have some help with this problem.

My Behringer BX108 THUNDERBIRD combo bass amp has a problem. I went away for a few days and when I came back, I plugged in my bass, plucked a string and this fuzzing sound came out, a lot like a fuzz effect, it then went to a clean sound about 6 seconds later after the fuzz went into a bit of a higher pitch. It's seems a strange problem. What's even stranger is that this problem doesn't happen on my old bass, only my Yamaha RXB 774. So is it the bass? Well no because I tried my Yamaha at Jazz band, on the schools amp and it sounded perfect. However, when combined with my Behringer, I get this fuzz. It's worked perfectly for months and I've been told that no-one used my bass or amp whilst I was away.

Does anyone have any idea as to what could be happening?

And please no smart arse come in to say, 'disconnect your big muff pedal'..........

Oh and I'm using the same cable all the time so I don't think it can be the cable.

Thanks for any help!
  2. Anybody have any insight?
  3. check the battery on your yammy.
    try out a different lead

or just buy an ashdown (j/k) :D
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I doesn't do it on the Yammy. Your other bass must be an active bass. Check the battery in that one.
  5. krazy_olie

May 10, 2004
    Odd try lower input volumes
  6. OK thanks a lot, I'll try out what you said and I'll let you know how it goes.