sound problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mutilation, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Mutilation

Mutilation Member

Jan 10, 2002
    Howdy.. I have a Mark 3 series peavey bass amp running threw a couple of effects then my bass...
    Sumtimes I turn one effect on and the sound goes higher.. sometimes lower... i have a volume pedel and i thawt it would fix this. .and it did for a bit but i recently added an envelope filter... and well what should I do? how do i get the sound the same to where all effects have the same volume.... when i turn em off or on?
  2. Ok this is more of a case of arranging your effects in a manner that will give the best results. I will shift this to effects.

I have a vague idea but you should get a better response over there. If not IM me. ok.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Basically, you need to go through the long process of trial and error. I would get each effect set up so individually, they are at the same volume turned on as the amp is when they are off. Then you need to experiment with putting things in a specific order. You'll no doubt find this makes the sound vary quite a bit. Good luck! BTW- there is going to be some change, you really can't eliminate it entirely unless you use some type of switching technology like a DW Quickchange Artist, a Switchblade ($$) or something similar with individual loop volume controls.