Sound Proofing

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by relman, Apr 3, 2001.

1. Ok, here's the deal. I am going to record some tracks in my basement and I need to soundprook the area around my computer. I have made a rough sketch of the area, which is attached below.
    Which one would be the best(cost effective too) method to soundproof it???
  2. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA this is where I bought mine. It does NOT sound proof. But it does absorb some of the sound and improve the acoustic quality of your area. It might sound proof if you double the eggcartons up though... I haven't tried that yet. I actually bought 2x as many as I need if you want to buy them off me. ;) Let me know the square footage, and I will tell ya if I have enough for ya. (assuming you are interested) ... if I don't have enough check out the above link. I paid $150 or so for mine and it covered up quite a bit of space on three walls (using half of what I recieved). Good luck!
  3. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    You're soundproofing the area around your computer... why? Is it just the computer that's noisy? If so, have a look at these:
    Be warned; to be lower-priced models, they cost a fair amount of money.