1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sound question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Powderkeg, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Powderkeg

Powderkeg

Mar 13, 2008
    I'm writing a Tab for this song...but at one point in the song, it seems as if there is a note that really doesn't "exist" on the bass. The note sounds like it's between the first and second fret of the E string......is there any way I can play this note? (Sorry, this may sound like a retarded question.....)

2. Get a fretless? 1st fret bend, but you'd have to be a gorilla to be able to pull that off!

Sure it's not just a ghost note?

3. It is possible to bend, you just need to get two fingers on the fret and really push down hard (towards the A string). It's quite easy to get a quatertone (half a half step), it's when you're trying to get all the way to the F# that it becomes a problem :p

The only other consideration is if you have high tension strings, they do make things harder.

4. or...a whammy bar....?

what song be it?

5. Powderkeg

Powderkeg

Mar 13, 2008
    Why didn't I think of putting a bend in the string? Wow...well, I really appreciate this advice.

Happy Playing :bassist:

6. kyral210

kyral210

Sep 14, 2007
    Manchester
    I guess I am a gorilla then! All good bass players should be able to do bends all over the next, developing their finger muscles to have a fast accurate playing style (i also use a pick).