Sound Samples of a Zon.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DarkMazda, May 31, 2002.

1. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Couple of peepz on TB asked me how my Zon sounds.. Well

Visit here to hear my sounds!

Yes, it sucks! I screwed up all over the place :( Thats what you get for being a sucky bass player

PS: I've only been playing for 30 MONTHS. Don't be mistaken by years :) I also do NOT know any theory at all and never taken lessons ;( no wonder i suck :D

Comments are welcomed :D
  2. I've been playing for 4 years, and that's a lot better than I can do!

As a fellow Sonus Special owner (mine's fretless), I love the tone as well. :)
  3. ScJaxx

ScJaxx Guest

Mar 15, 2002
    sounding good DM. i wish i had a zon, but instead im getting a Peavey Cirrus 6:D

i liked the mario brothers at a faster pace:)

4. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    lol yeah "SOMEONE" on TB wanted me to record that many times lol

Thanks for the kind words :)

Da5id: Yay for Zon! I want a Legacy Elite 4 :(
  5. Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    you suck!!!!
    worst bassist ever!

j/k. i love the marios bros stuff. your a funny guy :p
  6. Yeah, DM. I'd love a Sonus Custom fretless 5 or 6, but I should really work on my playing. For instance, your slap playing is simply light years beyond anything I can do! Zons are indeed awesome instruments though, and I'll probably stick with Zon for all fretless purposes. If I ever get good enough to warrant getting one, I think Sadowsky will get my nod for fretted instruments....

Of course, those are just pipe dreams at this point.
  7. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    hahaha my slapping?? light years?? HAHAHHAH!!! You've got to be kidding me... I suck at slapping!! ask Peter McFerrin!! he saw me :p
  8. Man, you'll just have to trust me here. I can hardly get a decent sound when I slap, and I'm certainly nowhere near that fast! If I were anything more than a bedroom bassist, maybe I'd be more inspired to truly work on getting better!
  9. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    I wish I have more time ot practice.. i have no time almost... working kills me.. i only get to practice like 10 minutes every 2 days :(
  10. We're exactly the opposite. I've now got plenty of time, but no motivation. :)

You still sound pretty good with a minimum of practice though, I must say.
  11. Also noticed you mentioned a Legacy Elite 4 -- there's one up on right now for $1600 or so with a Koa top. Figured I should give you the heads-up!
  12. dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    DM: I agree with Da5id HeX... your slap isn't bad at all... I play bass since 1998 Summer (4 years...) and I don't think my slap is better than yours...
  13. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    You're being too modest about your playing. You don't suck. If you say that, you haven't heard people who TRULY suck.

Mmm... Zon. *drool*
  14. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i am sorry for asking this and don't take this as a n00b question.
    what is the slap riff from?
    can i get some tabs for that?
    i just can't play that by ear.
    * looks around**hides in the corner because embaresed* that is spelled wrong!

15. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Nice slap-playing, DarkMazda!