Soundcard for AMD K6 Processor?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by funkysurfer, Jan 25, 2001.

1. I was wondering if anybody has an AMD K6 3D processor, and what kind of sound card works well with them? I looked into the Lexicon Core 2 and it won't work with the AMD K6. I am also waiting on feedback from ECHO because I hear there may be problems with the ECHO Darla and the AMD K6. I am looking to spend no more than 300 - 400 bucks.
    Any answers or insight will be greatly appreciated.
  2. Saint

Mar 2, 2000
    DC - USA

Check out the link above. Lots of discussion over the past couple of years about this. Frankly, I haven't visted this question in a while, but my recollection is that while most cards/interfaces are theoretically compatible with AMD processors, they are all tested on and developed with Pentiums in mind. The result was that many people experienced problems when they used a different processor. This may have changed with the latest generation of cards/interfaces --I just haven't focused on it in a while.

Good luck.
  3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I have a soundscape elite on my computer, It sound pretty good. I have a K6 cpu.
  4. How does a Celeron work for recording?
  5. voodster

Feb 14, 2001
    I have an AMD K6 and had to ditch my Echo Gina. It's well known AMD and Echo have problems. I bought an Egosys Wave Terminal 2496 and haven't looked back. It is a quiet, low latency pro card.