Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Soundcard for AMD K6 Processor?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by funkysurfer, Jan 25, 2001.

1. I was wondering if anybody has an AMD K6 3D processor, and what kind of sound card works well with them? I looked into the Lexicon Core 2 and it won't work with the AMD K6. I am also waiting on feedback from ECHO because I hear there may be problems with the ECHO Darla and the AMD K6. I am looking to spend no more than 300 - 400 bucks.
    Any answers or insight will be greatly appreciated.

2. Saint

Saint

Mar 2, 2000
    DC - USA
    http://www.audioforums.com/

Funkysurfer,

Check out the link above. Lots of discussion over the past couple of years about this. Frankly, I haven't visted this question in a while, but my recollection is that while most cards/interfaces are theoretically compatible with AMD processors, they are all tested on and developed with Pentiums in mind. The result was that many people experienced problems when they used a different processor. This may have changed with the latest generation of cards/interfaces --I just haven't focused on it in a while.

Good luck.

3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I have a soundscape elite on my computer, It sound pretty good. I have a K6 cpu.

4. How does a Celeron work for recording?

5. voodster

voodster

Feb 14, 2001
    Singapore
    I have an AMD K6 and had to ditch my Echo Gina. It's well known AMD and Echo have problems. I bought an Egosys Wave Terminal 2496 and haven't looked back. It is a quiet, low latency pro card.