Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rubberband, Jun 4, 2002.

1. rubberband

May 17, 2002
    I was talking 2 my brother, and he said that he used 2 play"holy diver" for his soundcheck, what do the zombies of this board use?
  2. Kid Charlemagne

Kid Charlemagne

May 29, 2002
    "Funky Broadway". Almost always.
  3. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Alot of times, "The Clairvoyant" By Iron Maiden, but it depends on the night/place also...
  4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Tools "The paitint" segwayed into a fear factory "Freedom or fire" riff.
  5. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    I always start playing the bass solo on "The Lemon Song" by Zepp just so I can hear the (usually) idiotic sound guy say "play some bass!" I love giving 'em h*ll!
  6. for a straight 8ths rock line (which at a rock gig is I think what's best for an engineer to judge by), "lucretia my reflection" by The Sisters of mercy- easy for the drummer to play along to....

"Killers" by Iron maiden
    "Five magics" by Megadeth:p
    "Last night a DJ saved my life" by In deep:p :D

soundchecking with the guitarist(s) usually is a song from the set- or else it turns into yet another horrible clichéd "jam in E":rolleyes:
  7. A little song our band wrote that we like to call...Soundcheck. :D
  8. prowler- iron maiden
  9. What's going on here?!?!? Is Iron Maiden the ultimate soundcheck music?

I wish I would have known this years ago!;)
  10. For a bass soundcheck i just goof aorund, do some runs. Then maybe some metallica and sepultura on the B.

As a band its usually the first few bars of one of our songs, or maybe AC/DC's Whole Lotta Rosie.

11. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    With my old band, we had our own sound guy, our 6th member really.

He knew his craft (he's a pro sound engineer) and us very well, so we didn't need much more than a line check and parts of 2 or 3 of our songs for a sound check.
    Pretty fast too, we never needed more than 15-20 minutes.
  12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Only amongst "Zombies" ! The original question was "what do the zombies of this board use?"

As I am not one and don't know any, I didn't reply! ;)
  13. SheepMan, we play the same song for our sound check, guess it's not as original of an idea as we thought...One time we played it and these guys were like "that's a sweet song!"...that was weird.

For bass soundcheck I usually play either Groove Is In the Heart, Ramble On, or Walkin' the Dog (Aerosmith)...
  14. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    not a gig, not humor (except the title),music related...

off to misc... have fun! :)
  15. Well, I dunno. Does your "Soundcheck" consist of 4 power chords on guitar, 4 notes on bass, lots of cymbals with the drums, and the singer screaming into the mic? :p We do it because if we can all hear each other like that, then we can all adjust our playing appropriately if it's a slower, softer song etc.
  16. it has about four chords (it goes from D to B to A to F# I think), but it sounds like it might be a little more structured. it's pretty funny, the lyrics go something like "this is, this is just our soundcheck, it is not a real song, it is how we check our...levels, how do we sound, can you hear us, etc. etc." And the chorus uses the backup vocals for "Soundcheck! Soundcheck! Soundcheck! (testing 1, 2, 3...)" (repeat chorus)...Probably more than you wanted to know...

...nice pickup line btw...I'm def. going to use that.
  17. Hmmm...
    I don't even know the lyrics to our soundcheck song. :p
  18. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    We used to use either "Vasoline," "Loser" (by 3 Doors Down), or "Livin' After Midnight" -- all songs that we cut from our set-list because we either screwed them up something terribly, or we got no response to 'em at all.
  19. A Led Zeppelin medley comprising What is and What Should Never Be, Ramble On, Bring it on Home and Black Dog, or some jazzy improv, depending on how I feel.