Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Soundclick,pure volume, my space what do you use and why?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ross, Feb 23, 2005.

1. ross

ross Guest

Mar 17, 2000
    I was wondering with all the various websites out there to post music up on which ones you or you and your bands use?
    What do you like and dislike about them.

I personally use soundclick I think its great for posting music and searching for various music other than my own, But, it stinks you pretty much have to be a registered person to access soundclick. Its holding space is amazing though so it makes up for it.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Purevolume at the moment, just started myspace. Myspace gives you the most publicity , for high school students anyway.

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    we use myspace and i just started on garageband. free advertising is good advertising, though garageband.com makes you work for it some.

4. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    We have a purevolume and a myspace. I haven't quite figured out the whole friend thing yet and the rest of the stuff on it. You can check us out at www.myspace.com/diasporametal

5. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Myspace whores unite!

6. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    PureVolume and MySpace. I've got a link to our PV site in my signature.

7. I use both as well. MySpace for the friend aspect, and Purevolume because their servers are faster and more reliable. My band is at www.myspace.com/onmyterms... feel free to add us as a friend. :)

8. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    I have my own webserver. I prefer my rules.

9. My Space, because the word seems to get around faster about your band that way. You have friends posting bulletins about your band and it goes to their friends and so on and more and more people listen to ur music.

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    We dont have soundclips up yet but www.myspace.com/figjam if you want to add us to your friends for future reference, wouldnt mind.

11. WesW

WesW <>< Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2002
    St Joe Beach, FL
    Ok, when you guys get a friend request from StrangeLand - > that's me! :)

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Added, your stuff sounds cool btw.

13. WesW

WesW <>< Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2002
    St Joe Beach, FL
    Thanks!
    Busted 'yer comment cherry! :)

You need to get some tunes up. . . :)