Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Soundclip of EHX Octave Multiplexer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fredj, Jan 4, 2006.

1. As i'm not able to try it myself in my area, anyone as a soundclip of a bass running in the ehx octaver?

Thank you

Fred

2. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    I have one and highly recommend it. I can't get any soundclips though, sorry.

3. So, what sounds are you getting with this pedal? anything in particular? Can you mimic a 12-string bass? 8 string? or just strange octave sounds?

4. Since it is only an Octave pedal and not a Chorus pedal you will only get the lower octave of the note your playing.

5. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Yeah spot on, just a straight octave down. Very natural sounding though, sounds much more national than the Boss OC2 IMO.

6. great sounding pedal. You can almost get some synthish type sounds out of it. sorta. lol. I only used mine for a a couple of weeks. Im selling it now because i just cant see myself using it.

7. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
  8. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Never mind.

While I was at the EHX site I listened to the POG sound clips again. That's the only octaver for me

Oh Baby.

Joe

9. the multiplexer is monophonic.

the pog is polyphonic.

the pog is sweet

all hail the pog

10. Oops... I jumped on here thinking this was a thread about the POG - hence, the 8-string/12-string comments. duhhhh :(

11. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Hail the POG!

It might be said that the Multiplaexer is mono, but in the clips that I heard on the site, at least it doesn't glitch-around on double stops. listen to the EHX site clips... Not bad.

Joe