Soundclip of my SX SJB75

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Jul 31, 2005.

1. I'm diggin it.

SX SJB75

Other SX

The one on the left is the SJB75 and the one on the right is the "Other SX" (I don't know what model it is actually).

2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sounds pretty good dude. If it had a bit more thump in the low end I'd be in love!

Good playin' too!
  3. It gets plenty all around when running through my rig. This was just direct into the comp from the bass. Thanks for the comment though!
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    And shouldn't you be a supporting member? ;)
  5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    You and your bass sound great. Good of you to share those clips.
  6. Soundclip of my other SX in the first post now.
  7. Sounds really nice... I can't help but think I've heard that bass line somewhere else though...

8. The very first one? You probably have if that is the one you speak of - It's the bass solo/opening of Calm Like A Bomb by Rage Against The Machine.
  9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i am surprised how good that bass sounds bro! cool stuff... i just made a cool little discovery. I bought the Boss bass eq, the stomp box. I use it to bump up the level of lower output basses and tame the loud ones, but i also found that can have 2 sounds at will, one with the onboard eq, and when kicked in, one with the Boss eq engaged- very cool, i have a slap contour eq'd in- and i also found that when i play the basses in passive mode, it is a great little 7 band "preamp"- makes the Sadowsky and the F bass sound bigger- if you need extra booty, for $70, you basically have an active 7 band pre.. very cool.
    In fact , i am looking into getting the double Boss pedael and 9 programmable eq patches. So i can have " F Bass Finger " , " F Bass slap", " Sadowsky finger " etc.. you get the idea, all my basses will have the same output when programmed. I LIKE IT! :D
  10. That actually sounds really cool Adrian! I might have to look into one of those once (if ever) I get some extra cash to use on bass equipment! I wouldn't mind some extra EQ in there.
  11. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Very nice Rage against the machine walking lines :bassist:
  12. Nice work! Sounds just like mine!

What did you use to record?
  13. Well, since my mic port on my computer is real touchy, I didn't want to risk moving the cable so I ran the bass into a Yamaha MG12/4 mixer that my drummer has and then ran a cable from that out to my mic port and then used Acid Pro 4.0 to record it.
  14. Wayner

May 7, 2004
    Maryland, USA
    stop posting those clips!! you're gonna make me want to buy one of those things!! ;-)