Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Soundclip! Playing Bach on bass.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dudemeister, Feb 11, 2005.

1. I've made a recording of Bach's Two Part Invention No13 with two bass tracks. I thought it would be a good way to practice scales and triads in different inversions. It turned out to be great practice and it was also a good ear training since I only have a recording of the Invention and no score.

This recording only features the first half of the song since that is what I've learned so far but I'll post the rest of the song as soon I've got time to pick out and learn the second half. I'll also rerecord the first part since it's quite sloppy at some parts due to late night recording and the fact that I was learning the countermelody as I recorded it...

The clip was recorded in Cubase through a SB Audigy card with my Warwick SS1. Some reverb and amp simulation was used.

http://www.student.itn.liu.se/~krifa472/talkbass/SonicAddiction - Two Part Invention No13.mp3

2. Nice ! Sounds good to me but i'm not an bach expert so let's wait what Dave thinks about it :D

3. Thanks... now you've got me really nervous. ;)

4. Nice job. I enjoyed listening to that.

5. hehe... :ninja: I like your tone. Was it recorded with a 4string ? Anyways you should check out Jean Baudin's vid

6. Yes, it was a fourstring lined in, on active, bridge pup only, bass max, treble mid and no software eq:ing. The software eq:ing will probably be featured in the final mix though. :)