1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Soundclip request: EXH Clone Theory

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ndrly, Jun 13, 2007.

1. I'm so interested in getting an Electro-Harmonix Clone Theory Chorus pedal. Can anyone post any clips of themselves using the Clone Theory on bass? I think it would be a great effect to use on lead bass, or Joy Division/New Order stuff.

2. Sorry for the delayed response, didn't see your post until just now!

I'm working on a board and am posting soundclips as I go:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=687612

(I admit that my board is almost done and I'm behind on the soundclips... :rollno: lol)

You'll find the Clone Theory in there. If you want to hear some other settings (like the Vibrato... see below), I'd be happy to post some more clips. :)

Here's my two cents on the pedal: I REALLY like the Clone Theory's effect. It's got a great rich sound and the different modes are nice. However, I noticed that the Vibrato mode dropped too much low end for my taste, so I don't use it. Also, the pedal has a little bit of analogue hiss, which you can hear when I turn the pedal on (which is a little more pronounced when played through my amp).

That said, neither problem was enough to make me avoid the purchase and I LOVE my Clone Theory!

5sg

3. Cool, man. Does anybody have any clips of themselves playing any Joy Division/New Order stuff? Maybe even some Tool stuff would be nice.

4. I'm also thinking the Small Clone might be nice as well.

5. If I ever find any shop that has loads of Electro-Harmonix pedals, I'm going to try out the Small Clone, the Clone Theory, and the Electric Mistress. I'll probably get the Electric Mistress for flanging as well (something along the lines of Tool's "46 & 2").

6. Wasim

Wasim

Dec 10, 2004
    I've long been interested in trying out a Clone pedal, and for the same reasons as the OP - for Peter Hook's unique sound. Listening to Joy Division and New Order was my introduction to the bass guitar.

7. My introduction to the bass guitar was probably Seven Nation Army.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That was your introduction to a guitar with an octave pedal on. ;)

9. I know that now. But most people think that it's a bass guitar, and most bands who cover this song will do the bassline.

Most White Stripes songs don't even have bass. A lot of the songs on Elephant sound like they do though.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 27, 2021