1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

Soundcloud suspicions...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Spectrum, Dec 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. So I use SoundCloud occasionally, mainly for electronic music tracks I record at home. I'm not a frequent uploader and the stuff I do upload isn't exactly radio-friendly pop, it's pretty much spacey nerdy stuff.

Lately I've noticed that I've been getting likes and follows from other SoundCloud users who have no uploads, but who have lots of followers and lots of followees. These users all have avatar pictures of really cute girls.

The whole thing smells like bots or scamming to me, very suspicious. I can't imagine many pretty teenage/early-20s girls being into dorky 70s-style Berlin-school electronica on such a scale. And is SoundCloud really a popular place for listeners who never upload anything?

The internet, gotta love it. What do you all think?

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Soundcloud has been infiltrated. I get flirts from sexy girls all the time. They get banned pretty quicky though.

3. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    You forgot the quotes around "sexy" and "girls" - most likely neither ;) . Catfishers are everywhere these days :wideyed:.

4. Soundcloud has little to no community behind it - they used to. You could upload songs and get comments on them, and people did a little bit of that. Not so much anymore. Still, it's a good place to host your music if you don't have your own website. It gets traffic, but it's all people who aren't signed up and will never leave a message. It's not easy to be "discovered" there, but it's a good set up and has good tools for band management.

5. I got spammed by some "talent scout" on the other side of the country who wants to make my band the next big thing.

The rogues have infiltrated.

I only use Soundcloud so I can post a link to an e-mail or message board if someone wants to hear my band. I have comments turned off, just like YouTube.

jfh2112 and /\/\3phist0 like this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 20, 2021