Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by dudemeister, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Hi,
    Does anybody know any good places to find free soundfonts (.sf2), especially drumkits?

I've got two I always use. One funk kit and one rock/metal kit.
    I've also got a really good jazzkit but it is not GM mapped so I seldom use it.
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. Have you tried using Vienna soundfont editor? It allows you to import samples, map them to keys, specify looping points (if appropriate) and do some sonic manipulation (envelopes, filters etc.). It would allow you to import the non-GM mapped drum kit and re-map it to suit your needs.

If you were using it you could import your own samples to create your own soundfonts meeting your own needs, rather than having to rely on someone else producing the "right" drumkit for you. There are loads of CDs given away free with magazines that have drums samples in them. If you can't find any, let me know and I'll knock you together a sample CD... ;) Erm... You didn't see me say that, right? Actually they're free samples from Future Music magazine and Computer Music.
    :cover own back then runs away... :
  4. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Dude, you've got PM.