Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SoundForge

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by nemo137, Jun 23, 2002.

1. does anyone here use sonic foundery soundforge? are there any good features that you particularly like or dislike? how does it compare to other programs?

thanks in advance.

nemo.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I've tried it, but I think Steinberg's Wavelab is still the no.1 pro audio editor. Emagic's Samplitude is very good too. Both are much better than SF IMO.

3. I've never used the programs JMX mentions, but personally I really like Sound Forge. Apparently there's a new version coming out soon which will include a multitrack mixer page as well.

4. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    JMX,
    WHY do you like Wavelab better than SoundForge? The interface? Quality?

I don't use either, I'm just curious.

Alex

5. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Hard to say, the overall feel and workflow is much better, Wavelab is more powerful too.

Oh, and Wavelab can use VST effects and ASIO.

6. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Wavelab uses VST?? I didn't know that.

You say more powerful...are you talking about quality of recording or just the amount of 'stuff' the program can acomplish?

Personally, I've been using Sonar since it debuted and have had no problems. But someone had mention Wavelab before and it got me interested.

Thanks.

Alex

7. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I doubt you'd hear differences in sound, the soundcard is more important for that.

Wavelab is more powerful than Soundforge IME.
    But it's an audio editor, not a sequencer.

If you want to check out alternatives to Sonar, check out Cubase SX, Nuendo and Logic.

Logic 5.2 will be available as a free download when the PC support ends, late august or september.

Sonar is cool from what I've heard, but I need VST FX and VSTis, so Sonar is out for me.

8. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Thanks man.

Alex