Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Soundgarden

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Lovebown, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    Holy ****. This band really rocks.

bye,
    /Lovebown

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Good morning. Where have you been the past 10 years? :D

3. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    Newly discovered for me , actually :)
    I bought Badmotorfinger in 95 but thought it sucked back then. Now it's been in my cd player for a looooong time.

Long live chris cornell

/lovebown

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Gooood, now grab yer wallet, run out and buy Superunknown and Down On The Upside. :)

5. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    Heh. Testing new signature.
    (from Outshined)

6. rmp5s

rmp5s

May 19, 2000
    I've been listening to these guys a LOT recently, too. They really do kick mass a$$...little trivia...does anyone notice anything interesting about most of the drum paterns....???

7. Their Earlier stuff is mediocre, but Badmotorfinger, Superuknown and Down on the Upside are amazing. The latter two are Zeppelin influenced, but with a real all out heavy feeling. Superunknown, IMHO is the best "grunge" album ever, ahead of Nevermind (right place right time) and Pearl Jam's Ten.

8. rmp5s

rmp5s

May 19, 2000
    My fav is Badmotorfinger...I love almost every song on there.

9. Louder than Love!!! It is way above mediocre hands all over will knock the stuffing out of anyone.

10. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Yeah, well "Hands All Over" is good, "Ugly Truth" as well, but the rest of the album...? Nah.

11. Have any of you ever heard Birth Ritual? I think it was on the soundtrack for "Sleepless in Seatle".

That song jams!

12. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    Hmmm... nothing comes to mind -- could you enlighten me?

13. It was actually on the soundtrack of "Singles."
    And yeah, it kicks ass!!

14. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Heehee. Can you just picture Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan meeting to the love ballad "Birth Ritual?" Heh...That would definitely set a tone for that movie that I hadn't thought about before...

Damn. I just admited that I've seen "Sleepless in Seattle."

15. Soundgarden at one point was my favorite band of all time. Superunknown and Badmotorfinger were my favorite cd's. "Searching with my good eye closed" and "the day i tried to live" were the best songs ever. I guess I grew out of them though. Now that i think about I havent listened to them in a while. For some reason though after soundgarden i gravitated towards Alice in Chains and now I like AIC way better, I just wish theyd right new material.

16. If they could get Lane Staley off the smack long enough maybe they could. The vocals is the best thing about that band and it wouldn't be the same without Lane.

17. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    AIC own too, but Soundgarden has heavier riffs I think. Blah they're both good especially Chris Cornell and Layne Staley (sp?).

/lovebown

18. I wish they would get back together.The music scene sure could use it.

19. Well.. I know Chris Cornell is now working with 3/4 of what was Rage Against the Machine.. what are the rest of the Soundgarden guys doing nowadays?

20. Matt Cameron played on Geddy Lee's solo album.. not sure about the other guys.