Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

soundgear ibanez sr400 -- replacing pickups enough?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by grub, Mar 10, 2003.

1. grub

grub

Mar 10, 2003
    hi everybody,

i have a soundgear ibanez sr400 (with 1 p bass pickup and 1 j bass pickup) that i like the feel of but dislike the sound of.

if i replaced my pickups and maybe my bridge, would give me a significantly better sound? or do i need a different bass altogether? (i'm not sure exactly which sr400 i have, and it seems like there are a bunch. i bought it for 220 bucks and it has only 3 knobs, for whatever that's worth)

if you think i need a new bass, keep this in mind -- i've got small hands, so i appreciate the slightly shorter scale, the flatness of the neck, and the fact that it's relatively light.

thoughts? suggestions? whaddya'll think?

thanks,
    grub

ps -- i also posted this in the plain old bass forum, so if the post looks familiar, there ya have it.

2. soularis

soularis

Jul 3, 2003
    Illinois, USA
    hey man! you have a passive SR400, just like me. :eek: From what I read it seems that whatever you install will be an improvement over the stock pickups. With time I think the pickups get older and might need a replacement or upgrade? Anyway, that's just what I'm thinking of doing. Good luck!