Sounds of the Underground

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bass element, Jul 12, 2005.

1. i'm goin to see the Sounds of the Underground tour in Orlando tomorrow!

I'm so amped. theres gunna be about 15 or sumthing metalcore/hardcore/metal bands there such as Poison the Well, Norma Jean, Unearth, Lamb of God, Strapping Young Lad, Gwar (for sum reason..), Every Time I Die, Chimaria, etc..

i'll post a response tomorrow or whatever about it!
  2. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    I'd like to see Opeth and Gwar but tickets are too expensive.
  3. AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    Gwar is like just about the best band to see live, when i seen em live i go soaked in blood, green stuff, purple stuff, so if you see them make sure you wear a white shirt so it will look all tie dyed and stuff, plus they have like random people in the band that just wear costumes on stage and stuff.

4. If your going to the one in Orlando, fellow TBer Abark000 will be there as well.
  5. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Don't forget about Clutch and High on Fire, which are the highlights of that tour IMO.

6. Ditto, if I were going, Id make sure to see them.
  7. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    I was wanting to see this tour badly but I just checked the dates and they played through my area last week :crying:
  8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

I guess you missed my ticket sale thread in the For Sale Forum. I'm missed the best lineup I could have ever dreamed of seeing. And my granddad died yesterday.

Life just took a pretty big **** on me.

Oh well. I am sated in the fact that I will see Clutch one day. Just not with ten other bands that rock my musical socks.

9. That sucks wishes for you and your family bro :(

Oh well, maybe Clutch will come to Jackson one day ...........
  10. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    ptw and unearths old stuff is really good.

as for the rest of it.... :scowl:
  11. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I think it will be a cold day in hell before anybody that is halfway cool comes to Jackson. Tool came to Biloxi two/three years ago. That was the last show in MS that I got excited for.

No worries about my g-pa. Sounds corny but he is in a much better place now.
  12. Deadworks

Dec 13, 2004
    St.Louis, MO
    I ordered tickets for the one in St.Louis over a month before the date and I never got the tickets in the mail. I was pissed that I missed the concert because of that. I called capital one and they're going to refund the charge onto the acct, which is cool, it's still ****ty I didn't get to go though.

Now watch, I'll get home from work tonight and they'll be in my mailbox...
  13. I thought the Allmans were halfway cool................. :D
  14. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Yeah, cool in the sense that I've heard the songs a billion times on the radio. Despite, I had a blast an a half at the show.

I meant bands that are unclassifiable/too weird to get booked outside of major venues. Also the time gap in between cool concerts is somewhere in the space of years.

15. That reminds me, I caught up with Little Milton again at Memphis on the 4th , hes one bad mamajamma.

Yeah, when i get outta my parents place im gonna be dirt poor cause ill be goin to shows outta state all the time.
  16. I would have checked it out as a few of my friends were going, but I had to work that day and it was really last-second. Opeth and Clutch would have been great to see live. Sounds like a cool show!
  17. Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I was going to go for Opeth until I found out that they were only playing for 30 minutes, and that the sound quality was terrible at the majority of the shows on the tour so far.
  18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

This is the reason I'm not going, I don't like any of those bands. I really wanted to see Opeth, Gwar, High On Fire, and the almighty Clutch... but I'd have to sit through the "Metalcore" bands. :spit:

19. When the Metalcore comes on , thats when I would be hittin the bathroom/merchandise/food . Then Id come back for the real rock.
  20. ....the tour is based on metal hardcore bands. you would've been crapping/buying/eating the whole 10 hours of the concert. if you dont like it, dont go.

but the concert was amazing! not only were the bands amazing live, but i also got to meet and take pictures with a lot of the bands including norma jean, fear before the march of flames, all that remains and lamb of god.

ive never seen pits like these before... so amazing. especially when norma jean, unearth, and lamb of god played. but by far the most eplosive one came out of throwdown. these guys ripped it up.

i gotta say i was surprised by these bands the most: madball, fear before the march of flames and devil driver. i didnt really know who any of them were before hand, but they definately all won over the crowd and me as well.

weirdest thing i saw the whole time there... during one of the pits while throwdown was playing some random lady in a wheel chair rolls herself into this massive pit and starts swaying herself in her chair back and forth trying to mosh! my friend taped it on his cell phone, it was so hilarious!

by far the best concert ive been to except for a few things. i dont really see why clutch was there. i kno they may be underground and they played really well, but it didnt fit the vibe of the concert at all. and im really not sure what band this was, it was either high on fire or opeth, the singer had a foreign accent if that helps anyone know who i'm talking about. anyways, they were really, really bad... maybe it was the sound tech, maybe it was the band, but everyone was dying for them to get off stage.

all in all, great concert, great bands, great pits and great people.

sry it took me so long to post a response on the concert. ive been recouperating... ;)