1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Soundslice Transcriptions

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Peter Wagstaff, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Peter Wagstaff

Peter Wagstaff

Jun 10, 2019
    I've been finding time to transcribe the basslines for a lot of my favorite songs that don't seem to have readily available tabs or notation online. I'm fairly new at reading and writing notation, so it has been a great learning experience. It can be frustrating to know exactly how to play something but not be able to write it out coherently. I'm still getting used to the traditional "rules" of notation while using modern writing technology.

I came across this website Soundslice that syncs recordings and videos with tabs and notation. I found a user that transcribed the entire The Meters self-titled 1969 album. It was a great find, and I loved learning the songs that I hadn't already studied myself. Anyways, I decided to make an account and add a handful of songs by Khruangbin, Durand Jones & The Indications, and Booker T. & the M.G.'s. I'll add more in the future!

Here is my profile link: peterwags | Soundslice

After a quick search on TB I only found a couple other people mention Soundslice and mainly in the teaching lessons (technique/scales rather than songs) context. I'm kind of looking for some feedback on my notation. I'm not completely confident in my ability to write well, so if there are others with more experience that would like to give me some pointers and corrections then I would really appreciate it. If there are other similar free websites I'd love to know about them as well. Enjoy some transcriptions!

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021