1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Soundtrack suggestions please

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by CPR4LIFE, Dec 22, 2018.

1. CPR4LIFE

CPR4LIFE

Mar 3, 2018
    Pittsburgh
    Hey folks...hoping for some good suggestions here. I'm a motorcycle rider (that's me in TN below...on my current bike, a Honda ST1300) and when I ride with my group I'm the guy with the video camera (Garmin VIRB Elite) who then makes videos of the rides. I sometimes do them when I ride solo too.

Anyway, I've got a few videos to make from our fall trip and I'm looking for some song ideas. What I have found works best is instrumentals, and primarily jam band type stuff. Allman Brothers, Gov't Mule, Umphrey's McGee, Rock Candy Funk Party, Down To The Bone (not a jam band, but they work well...see video I posted), etc. The reason that stuff works well is it just seems to suit winding roads and I ride with a lot of older dudes (some in their 70s but you wouldn't know it when their helmet is on & they're leaning in the turns!) so if I don't go too hard & heavy they can watch and listen! :D

Anyway, here's a few samples. You can find more on my channel if you're interested, but you should get the idea. Just no metal please...it's not really my thing and I know the other guys don't care for it either. Thanks!

Down To The Bone:

Rock Candy Funk Party:

Thanks in advance y'all!

Oh yeah, and if you're a fellow rider, please make mention of what it is you're riding!

st1300dragon.

Attached Files:

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Allman Brothers...instrumentals?
    • "Les Brers In A Minor"
    • "Mountain Jam"
    • "Hot 'lanta"
    • "In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed"
    ...all from Eat A Peach.

• "Jessica"
    From Brothers And Sisters

CPR4LIFE likes this.
  3. CPR4LIFE

CPR4LIFE

Mar 3, 2018
    Pittsburgh
    Sorry for not being more clear in my request. The artists I've listed are ones I am familiar with but I'm looking for suggestions that are similar acts that I may not know.

Thank you though and I appreciate your reply & the opportunity to clarify!

4. Skeezix

Skeezix

Sep 28, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Bela Fleck.

CPR4LIFE likes this.
  5. CPR4LIFE

CPR4LIFE

Mar 3, 2018
    Pittsburgh
    Nice! Any song recommendations?

I actually saw Bela Fleck & The Flecktones when I lived in FL. Can't believe I forgot about them!

6. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011

CPR4LIFE likes this.
  7. String Cheese Incident

CPR4LIFE likes this.
  8. CPR4LIFE

CPR4LIFE

Mar 3, 2018
    Pittsburgh
    Nice...got any song recommendations? I know the name but I'm not familiar with their catalog at all.

I can't believe I forgot 24 Hours. When I lived in FL I used to see a band in Jensen Beach every Thursday night at a place called Crawdaddy's. They did a great version of this tune!

9. Well, SCI is a jam band that plays originals cover jams. They play reggae, bluegrass, country—pretty much everything. I would suggest searching YouTube and giving them a listen.

CPR4LIFE likes this.
  10. N4860

N4860

Mar 28, 2017
    Kitchener
    Derek trucks band or moe. perhaps?

CPR4LIFE likes this.