Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Soundtrack to heaven

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kevin V, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Kevin V

Kevin V

Mar 12, 2003
    Union, New Jersey
    On the car ride to school one day, my friend was playing Metallica's Master of Puppets. I was asleep as usual (30 minute ride) but only halfly so. I was in a sort of trance where I could here the music but still felt like I was asleep. (like when you fall asleep with your discman on)

Anyway, I heard the first solo part of Master of Puppets (2nd track) in this state and the feeling was... VICTORY!!! A feeling of immortality if you will.

After this car ride, I always picture entering heaven with this solo playing. (The first solo, the second solo seems fitting for a hellish soundtrack.)

You guys know of any other riffs, solos, or songs worthy of being part of an "Entering Heaven Soundtrack"?

PS- I know this is kind of abstact, but I think it's cool. If this does well, maybe we can do a hell soundtrack.

2. casimir

casimir

Jul 22, 2002
    Henderson, NV
    a soundtrack to heaven would probally start off with "stairway". of course it wouldn't be heaven without some Mingus or Monk.

the journey to hell wouldn't be worth it without some AC/DC. after that all they play is Yngwie Malmsteen (it is hell)

3. Can't forget to start that one off with Hells Bells :D

4. I think it might start off with Highway to Hell and go from there.

5. Yeah..and then after that song Hells Bells because you would be in hell listening to the bells then :p