1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Soundwave Breakdown intense fuzz help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xplorer, Sep 7, 2008.

1. xplorer

xplorer

Aug 7, 2008
    Connecticut
    I've been looking for a completely over-the-top fuzz pedal and the Death by Audio Soundwave Breakdown caught my eye. I ran a bunch of searches but I haven't been able to find any definite opinions on the pedal and how it responds to bass, people seem to either like it or think it sounds completely awful . Does anyone have any experience with this pedal? Any help or suggestions for other pedals would be GREATLY appreciated.

Some sound clips can be found here:
    http://www.deathbyaudio.net/

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The Soundwave Transformer is a weird pedal. It doesn't have a level control. The one I had didn't work well with bass (neither did the Harmonic Transformer). Oliver is tops for service though.

3. pompompom

pompompom

Dec 31, 2003
  4. xplorer

xplorer

Aug 7, 2008
    Connecticut
    Thanks for that info, that's definitely good to know. I don't supposed you'd know of any pedals that produce a similarly intense sound, but work well with basses?

5. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    No I don't sorry. I long resigned to the fact that I'm a Big Muff fuzz kind of guy.

6. scham

scham

May 11, 2010
    hello,
    i'd like to ask about Your advances with the DBA SW breakdown pedal. i'm planning to buy one for my bass and am interested in any opinion about it.