1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Soundwear Case - Where to Buy One

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Cosmos, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Cosmos

Cosmos

Sep 21, 2006
    New York, NY
    Hello - Just ordered a 7/8 Soundwear Performer case from Lemur & they say that it'll take about a month until I get it. I'm going to college pretty soon and I'm going to need my case sooner...However, I can't find anywhere online other than Lemur to buy these cases. Anyone know of somewhere I can look?

Thanks. By the way, I live in NYC - Anyone know somewhere in NYC where I can get one?

2. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    I got mine from Woodwind and Brasswind (wwbw.com). Had for like 2 years now and shows hardly any wear & tear.

3. Cosmos

Cosmos

Sep 21, 2006
    New York, NY
    thanks -- what size case do you have?
    if you have a 3/4 size case, i'm wondering if my bass would fit into a 3/4 case because 7/8 has always been a bit big. if it wouldn't be too much trouble, what are the dimensions of your bass & what size case do you have?

4. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    Chances are, probably. I have a Christopher Busetto 304T which tends to be a little smaller than most 3/4s but I don't think it's a snug fit. I dunno what my bass dimensions are. I'm sure it's been posted on TB before. I think there's another TBer who uses it with a NS LaScala bass with no problems (Durrl, was that you?)

Worth the $$$ in my book.

5. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Yup, that was/is me. I love that case. I routinely whack my case on the edges of doorways and stairwells, and with the Soundwear, there's been nary a scratch on the bass. I have lost one of the swivelling thingies on the shoulder strap to breakage, and one zipper on a utility pocket has gotten a bit tempermental, but that's about it. Like Toad, I abuse the crap out of my gear, and greatly appreciate the extra protection the SW case affords.

6. Steve Swan

Steve Swan

Oct 12, 2004
    Burlingame, California
    Retailer: Shen, Sun, older European
    World of Strings in Long Beach, CA usually has them. Call Jon Pederson at (562) 599-3913.

7. Cosmos

Cosmos

Sep 21, 2006
    New York, NY
    Cool, thanks for the help! I think the 3/4 will fit my bass. I found the 3/4 Soundwear case dimensions online:

- Overall Length: 186 cm (mine is 182.8cm)
    - Lower Bouts: 67 cm (mine is 63.5cm)
    - Upper Bouts: 52 cm (mine is 50.8cm)
    - Bridge to back: 45 cm (mine is about 43cm)

I'll cancel my Lemur order and order a 3/4 case from WWBW.

Thanks!