1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Source Audio BEF and MWBD Pro Settings Templates

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by scottx, Dec 31, 2011.

1. scottx

scottx

Dec 8, 2007
    I couldn't find any settings templates on the Source Audio site so I created my own. They've been helpful so I thought I would share.

Here are some links:
    (1.2mb pdfs)

MWBD Pro
    http://tinyurl.com/6q5wsym

BEF Pro
    http://tinyurl.com/83tpbxc

By the way, does anyone know how to tell what the knob settings are on a saved preset? The effect type and EQ are easy enough, but I haven't figured out the knob settings.

Thanks!

2. Thanks for taking the time to share and contribute.

S

3. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    very cool. thanks homie! i've got a BEF Pro on the way, i'm ASSUMING that 6 save spots will be plenty, but these look mad useful.

thanks!

4. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    Thanks for making those. Very cool! :)

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to tell where the knobs are at on a saved preset.

5. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    Beh****er stuff is so garbage, but the really cool thing on their POD clone was the ring of Led's around each knob. that way it could change them to whatever the knob was at on different patches. very elegant.

which is....... odd. i mean, it's freaking BEH****ER.

6. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    With all those asterisks I'm afraid I just have absolutely no clue whatsoever what company you might be referring to. Could you fill out the full name for me please? :D

7. rsmith601

rsmith601 Gold Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    You can actually tell the knob settings for each preset!!! (it was my idea to put it in there, so thanks for asking ;) ) It did not make it into the first manual and it looks like we forgot it on subsequent ones. Lets say that you are on PRESET 1 and is has been saved. When the effect is engaged, hold down the footswitch. You will see the EQ display change and show 4 bars. Each bar corresponds to the knob setting for the 4 knobs which do not have the LED ring. It is not elegant but it does the trick.

For those of you who know our first products you will be aware that all knobs had the LED rings. This was nice, but it limits the number of knobs and make the pedal big. That is why we did not put them on the Pro series.

Our EQ pedal has a knob which gets brighter as it is turned up. This is really small and can give a general idea of knob position with a preset.

8. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    thanks Mssr. Smith! the BEF Pro on the way is the first of y'all's products that i'll have owned. very curious about the little bugger. slap Will on the ass and tell him another sell because of his demos.

nope. not allowed to curse on TB. hence the asterisking.

9. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    Edit: Beaten like a redheaded step-child by Roger.

10. rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    The fact that this feature it is not in the BEF Pro manual is very embarrassing.....:bag:

11. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Very nice scottx! Thanks for sharing these.

12. Cool Roger, I was wishing for someway to spark my memory on settings.

13. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    I just tried it on my muiltiwave distortions and it indeed works! :eek:

14. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    lol. is it in the online PDF? 'cause.... gonna be honest here..... unles it's meaty enough to read through at the fireside with some coco i chuck flimsy manuals then look at the manufacturer's website if i can't figure something out.

15. happy new year from Scotland (hope you had a cool Hogmanay). This is a small but excellent feature that I have regretted not having on my BEF pro. Now I do!!! :hyper:

16. rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    I checked with Jesse. "Knob View" exists on the Distortion. He says they ran out of code and it does not exist on the BEF Pro. Sorry:crying:

17. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    The MWBDP is one of the few pedals that I regret selling. Such a unique pedal and it tracks awesome, very synthy.

Dan

18. rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    S.A.S.S. will always welcome you back.

19. BIG97BEN

BIG97BEN

Sep 12, 2011
    Richmond VA
    So has anyone that used those templates want to share their settings?

20. AlvarHanso

AlvarHanso

Jun 20, 2011
    I've printed out a few copies for each, and plan to devote some time this weekend getting my settings filled in and will scan them. Just not sure where I can upload them for general consumption. I know I can record quick sound clips and upload to soundcloud, anybody have any ideas on uploading pdfs or jpegs? Don't want to use up all my allotted bandwidth here.