1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

source audio c4

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by drewphishes, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher

May 16, 2007
    If Zach’s overview was too deep for you, I’d suggest familiarising yourself with synthesis concepts at this fun interactive website Learning Synths and then the editor will make much more sense.

LowWay and lizardking837 like this.
  2. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    Thank you. I feel like I had a handle on what Zach was saying and a lot of it made sense to my ears, but I feel like I need a bit more definition and explanation some of the basics.

3. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher

May 16, 2007
    In that case, the link I sent will be very helpful.

lizardking837 likes this.
  4. I think I have just been lucky because my Midi chain really could be fraught with issues and I didn't consider other pedals causing the problems. It goes Macbook>HXFX>Reflex>H9>HXStomp>Hub(C4). I'm happy with the results either way and now I will never change any part of it again for fear of it not working.

5. Favorite patches that go for a Mike Gordon sound? Synth or Env Filter is fine. I'm a fan of the Oct down Boogie On Reggae Woman patch.

6. Karrlander

Karrlander

Sep 15, 2019
    Haven’t had any tracking problems as long as I play clean with good technique. I’ve felt that it worked ok. But then I changed the cheep bridge on my frankenbass to a Fender Himass bridge and the tracking went stellar! Now it’s almost hard to make it miss. Just something to think about if someone might have any tracking problems.

equill, Andy V. and AlexanderB like this.
  7. Oaksmoke

Oaksmoke

Jul 15, 2020
    I have a Meatball patch by nathannavarro, that when combined with a flanger does a great Down With Disease sound.

Andy V., Ferniff and rsmith601 like this.
  8. muckymuck7

muckymuck7

May 27, 2020
    Is something possibly wrong with my C4? I bought it within the last couple of months. I've only had a chance to really play around with it once or twice, but it's mostly a wreck so far. First, I can't get the calibration to work no matter what I try. No red light whatsoever. I can get a couple of presets to sound okay-ish if I tweak a little, but something definitely seems off. Especially when compared to what I've heard in demos.
    The pedal firmware is up to date.
    My Lakland is running right into it first. It doesn't matter if passive or active.
    In the app I have changed the tracking, low notes, etc.. nothing is really helping.

I spent a couple of hours with it tonight again trying to find an even keel of sorts because I'm planning on picking up an Aftershock and Neuro Hub, but it wasn't really happening, unfortunately. It seems like almost everything just kinda farts out. Is it the pedal, or am I missing something? Any ideas? :)

9. Wretched Banana

Wretched Banana

Mar 7, 2020
    MA, US
    Just making sure, are you tweaking the Input Gain and envelope sensitivity for each and every preset in the app? Those are key to getting anything done and they need to be adjusted for every different instrument you plug into the C4. Functional settings widely differ, case in point, my Ibanezzes make no sound with a stock Quatschmacher patch, you’d think the pedal’s dead.

10. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher

May 16, 2007
    I made most of my patches since January 2019 with a passive jazz bass (Lakland 44-60); it’s output is higher than quite a lot of other passive basses I’ve used, so if using most other passive basses, an input level/volume level increase is probably needed. For an active bass, depending on how hot the signal is, a decrease may be needed.

11. muckymuck7

muckymuck7

May 27, 2020
    Thanks for the responses. I've tweaked them a good bit, but I can keep at it. It's kinda weird that I can't get the calibration to work though. That would be a start I suppose.

12. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    Was the pedal new or used?

13. muckymuck7

muckymuck7

May 27, 2020
    Thanks for the response! I bought it new from Amazon last month.

14. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    One way or the other we should be able to get you going! send email to [email protected] if you need more help.

Real Soon and Robot.G like this.
  15. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Can the C4 be controlled from a Morningstar MC-8 without a hub or usb host ? Pretty sure the answer is no but maybe the hive mind has another thought ?

16. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Negative. Only the DMC controllers have a host built-in like that

17. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Thanks!

18. ale29

ale29

May 25, 2008
    Italy
    Hi guys! Have had this pedal for almost 1 year and lovin it so far.
    I was wondering, is there any patch that would get me this kind of bass-synth sound?

19. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher

May 16, 2007
    Sounds like it might be FM, or if not, a less-than-50%-duty-cycle pulse wave which the C4 can’t do.

20. Bunky

Bunky

Jul 12, 2011
    Just got my c4. Tried setting the input level with the input knob while playing. Quick instructional paper included in box says turn til flashes red but that doesn’t happen it just stays green. Am I doing something wrong?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021