Source Audio envelope filter owners...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sgt Baker, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Sgt Baker

Sgt Baker

Aug 20, 2010
    I read that the Soundblox bass envelope filter doesn't come with it's own power supply, but you can buy it. Can you use a 9v battery, or is the power supply a necessity? Thanks in advance

2. It doesn't uses 9V batteries. It uses 4 AA batteries but it can also be powered by a power supply as long as it provides over 110mA (145mA with the Hot Hand) at 9V DC.

3. Sgt Baker

Sgt Baker

Aug 20, 2010
    Word, thanks a lot man.

4. cst bass

cst bass

Jun 3, 2011
    i wonder if the standard boss power supply works with it?

5. It will. 500ma 9V DC.

6. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    The Source Audio Soundblox Bass Envelope Filter does not come with it's own power supply but the Source Audio Power supply is available for 18.00 from several vendors . Check out the Source Audio Website for more info.
    I don't get why they don't just charge 18.00 more dollars for it and give you the power supply.

7. UncleDomino

UncleDomino

Apr 19, 2011
    Las Vegas
    If I'm not mistaken, the pro version does come with the power supply.

8. It does.

9. Easy. Most folks wouldn't use the included power supply anyway and would thusly be wasting that extra $18. I hadn't used a designated power supply in years until I got my Line 6 M9 the other day. I've always used some sort of power supply for my entire board.

10. Deedubs

Deedubs

Mar 5, 2012
    i know this is an old thread, but......can you power it with a onespot daisy chain?

11. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    You should be able to, but as always it depends on what else you're powering.

12. Deedubs

Deedubs

Mar 5, 2012
    pichblack tuner, boss bass chourus, black russian muff.

13. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    Should be fine, the 1-Spot gives something like 1700mA, which should be enough to cover those four pedals. Never hurts to check the manuals for each and make sure though.

14. Deedubs

Deedubs

Mar 5, 2012
    thanks!

15. I have ran it with 8 other pedals off a 1spot , but I did check the maths of the total current drawn first

16. Deedubs

Deedubs

Mar 5, 2012
    good to know. i should be fine then. ill try and fgure it out though. thanks!

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021