Source Audio Manta settings and sounds thread

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by zwkoch, Jan 5, 2014.

1. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    No idea at this point. :) But I'm going to guess something like this: Filter #2, depth at noon (no travel), 100% wet, no resonance/drive, adjust frequency to taste.

The trick is to set Depth at noon so there's no filter travel at all regardless of how you set the modulation, whether it's envelope or LFO, etc.

You would normally use the same trick to develop a manual expression pedal or Hot Hand filter sweep.

For synthier sounds simply bump up the resonance, try different filter voices, and maybe apply some drive.

2. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    Here is our new video which overs many different sounds from the Manta. Hope you dig it!

3. fisticuffs

fisticuffs Commercial User

May 3, 2011
    Madison, WI
    Been looking to replace my giant Sublime Fuzz pedal with the OFD, and I also got rid of my BEF-Pro but I certainly miss it. Think this oughta cover both. Now I got a whole new problem.... what do i fill that empty space with?

4. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    Just watched this

....G.A.S......rising!!!

5. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
  6. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    Nice demo video... I gotta get the hot hand rig for dubstep!

7. Matt Dean

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    So, I've playing with the Manta a little... getting my mind wrapped around the interface.

Because some of the settings are underneath layers of interface, I still am not able to figure out some of the settings on the video. Also, the manual is not the clearest on certain things... like how to create presets for settings I want to recall. (Maybe I'm just dense, but I'm not figuring this out.)

SO, since this is the settings and sounds thread, how about some detailed settings to go along with the samples posted.

8. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Carthage, MO
    Mines going to be here in a few days and I'd like to know this too. More settings please!?

9. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I am going to order one as soon as my tax money hits. No wait, I may just order one now. Oh heck with it! Im grabbing one! :)

10. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Should be here in a few days :)

11. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Lots more Mantas coming. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

12. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    To save your current settings to one of the two presets simply press-and-hold the footswitch for that preset. It'll blink while saving. That's it. :)

What's fun is A-B'ing sounds by saving one to Preset 1, then tweaking some parameters from that preset and then saving it to Preset 2. Then you can A-B them directly to compare. Good stuff.

13. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine

That's a cool idea....don't have the manta yet but I do have the orbital and the ofd is here tomorrow!

14. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

This is exactly what I've been doing. I save a preset then keep tweaking until I have it to where I want it then save it again. Really intuitive. Not sure if that's what they were going for but it works. Can't wait till the manta gets here! I'm gonna be a broke a** for a couple weeks but it ain't nothin new when it comes to times of GAS. If you would've told me a couple months ago that I was gonna be all up into SA stuff the way I've gotten into the last couple weeks I would've told you you were cra cra.

15. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    It's also crazy how much this pedal can do without expression or the HH. But with both of those or either it just opens up so many other doors. Very exciting.

16. Yurtra

Yurtra

Apr 26, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    So, what would it take to get some extensive clips of this pedal used as a standard funk envelope filter? :bag:

17. Matt Dean

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    Messing with the Manta... starting to get a feel for it. very cool pedal. Just PM'd an ad for a HH3 in the classifieds.

18. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    So I don't have settings (yet) but I would like to know how people set their HH3's in conjunction with the manta. I'm interested in really deep, but smooth, dubby-type sweeps. I'm still wrapping my head around HH3 calibration as well.

19. Matt Dean

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    HH3 is on it's way from the snowy East... I'll be interested in creating dubstep wobble.

20. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Hey guys, where are you putting your mantas in your chain? In the beginning like an envelope filter or in the middle with maybe say modulation? Just curious. Mine didn't come today but should be here tomorrow and I'm planning on putting it at the beginning of my mod/delay/trem loop.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021