Source Audio Neuro App - Anyone else having problems with the Neuro app on Android?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by boristhespider7, May 26, 2018.

1. boristhespider7

boristhespider7

Jan 27, 2008
    UK
    Just can't get mine to work via Android. Works via the windows desktop app but not Android. Using with the Aftershock

2. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    I had lots of issues. Had to delete and reinstall the app. Works now.

3. Over in the NPD: SA Aftershock thread I've seen it said that different Android phones can be glitchy because of differences in hardware. Send an email to [email protected], that might be your best bet to help you with your hardware. One suggestion is to turn down headphone volume a bit.

4. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Chairman, Source Audio
    So, we created the Neuro app on iOS first. The audio systems on Apple phones are high quality and consistent. No problems.

On to Android. The audio systems are all over the place! Sometimes the channels are swapped. Sometimes the phase is inverted. Sometimes there is clipping. Lots of clipping! Sometimes there is audio enhancements the mangle the Neuro signal. Its a nightmare (for us).
    I would start by lowering the volume one click at a time. I have 2 LG G5 phones. One works at full volume. The other needs to be down like 5 clicks from max. You can tell it works when the led blinks when you send a command.
    If that does not work, put on ear buds. Is the chirp on the right channel? If not use the app to swap channels. Try the phase inversion option. Turn off any audio enhancement processing. If that does not work, send us email at [email protected]

5. boristhespider7

boristhespider7

Jan 27, 2008
    UK
    Thanks, i have tried reducing volume, swapping tracks and phasing but will try these again a bit more methodically

6. boristhespider7

boristhespider7

Jan 27, 2008
    UK
    Tried all of the above suggestions and still does't work :mad: Time to contact Source Audio and see what they say

Contemplating returning the pedal and swapping for an OFD 2